Malaysian experts hand over MH17 black boxes to Dutch investigators
THE HAGUE, July 22 -- The black boxes from the crashed flight MH17 have been handed over to Dutch investigators in Ukraine, the Dutch Foreign Ministry announced late Tuesday.
"The black boxes from flight MH17 have been handed over by Malaysian experts to the Dutch Safety Board (OVV) that is leading the international investigation," the ministry said.
According to local media, the black boxes will be sent to Farnborough in Britain, where experts can read the data stored in the black boxes and try to find the exact cause of the crash.
The ministry said, the experts from the Dutch safety board will travel with other experts from several countries together, to send the black boxes to Farnborough.
For now, the Dutch side is in charge of the investigation of the crash, which caused 193 Dutch citizens' lives.
The Boeing 777 en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed near the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk Thursday, killing all 298 people on board.
The Dutch government announced early Tuesday that a flight with the first victims' bodies will arrive in Eindhoven, the Netherlands on Wednesday. Xinhua
The whirling aftermath of the crash of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 is now upon us, with Western-led international opinion turning the...
While there is no doubt that shooting down MH17 was a grave crime, everything else remains uncertain. ALL the big questions about MH1...
Photo taken on July 17, 2014 shows the debris at the crash site of a passenger plane near the village of Grabovo, Ukraine. A Malaysian...
- Malaysian investigators inspect crash site of MH17
- People rally demanding justice of MH17 outside Russian embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- ICAO delegation in Ukraine for further analysis of MH17 flight recorders
- First bodies of MH17 victims to arrive in Netherlands on Wednesday: Dutch PM
- Train with remains of MH17 victims arrives in Ukraine's Kharkiv
- Malaysian PM welcomes progress on MH17 agreement
- IATA chief calls for full investigation into MH17 crash
- Russia welcomes UN resolution on MH17 investigation
- Ukrainian rebels hand over remains of victims, black boxes of crashed MH17
- Australia sends plane to pick up MH17 victims